simple is beautiful
Paris Daily Photo: Nice to be back home!
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday 30 August 2007

Nice to be back home!


My loyal readers, I thought it was about time I showed you a photo of my house... Pretty cool, no? I know, it might look a little ostentatious to you, but I like it and, in fact, it's much cosier than what it looks! OK, OK, yes, it's not my house, it is the main building of the Augustus Rodin museum (yes, Rodin, again!). It was formerly the Hôtel Biron, built between 1728 and 1730 by Jean Aubert, the same architect who built the Chateau at Chantilly. Rodin agreed to leave all of his works to the French state in exchange for a building of its own. After finally agreeing through an act in Parliament, this building became the resting place for Rodin's work and was opened in 1919. And that will be my last photo on Rodin for while, I promise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL