simple is beautiful
Paris Daily Photo: A museum not to miss
2 ... 2 ...

Friday 23 May 2008

A museum not to miss


Quite often, people who plan to come to Paris email me to ask me for tips about what they should do or see while they are here, thinking I surely know of some monument or museum carefully concealed to foreigners! Guess what? Today I have one: le Musée Antoine Bourdelle. Of course, you can find it in many guide books I'm sure, but I confess I had never heard of it. And if it weren't for an eye exam that I had to take on the same street (rue Antoine Bourdelle, of course!) I would have never visited it. Anyway, it's a great place if you like sculpture (Bourdelle worked with Rodin, for what it's worth!) and the venue is fantastic too. BTW, you're looking at Madeleine Charnaux's bust - one of the 1st French female airplane pilots - made with 3 different materials (2 in bronze and one in resin). More - bad! - photos here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL