simple is beautiful
Paris Daily Photo: Bastille Day Parade 2008
2 ... 2 ...

Monday 14 July 2008

Bastille Day Parade 2008


Another of our Bastille Day tradition: Le défilé militaire (the military parade). Last year I was too lazy to go so I posted a photo that I stole from the television (!), but this morning I made the effort to wake up early and pay the French army men a visit. And I did not regret it; even though I'm not too much into military things, I enjoyed the parade and its final climax: the landing of 7 paratroopers right in front of the official tribune on the Place de la Concorde. Really impressive. Almost at the same time another tradition took place, this time in Southern California: a PDP gathering! Starring Tall Gary, Pont Girl, Carrie and Petrea and her husband. If you're a true visitor to PDP these names will undoubtedly ring a bell! Now, you can see them for real...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL